Your privacy is important to us. This notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is used at our Website (deleteme.com).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you – such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, etc. – unless you choose to fill out a Registration form or ‘Contact Us’ form, found on many of the pages of the Site or to email us directly.
We collect, store and process your Personal Information on servers located in the United States and Europe. We use the information we collect about you in order to:
- develop and deliver our services
- process your transactions
iii. provide customer service and manage your account
- improve our products, services, and marketing.
We give access to Personal Information about our users only to those who require it for the above purposes
We do automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Site – such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider (eg, America Online).
To use the Services and for other purposes that will be mentioned further in this Policy we may process and/or collect the following Personal Data when you send us to them in order for us to remove information about you from third-party websites:
- First and last name,
- Date of birth,
- Email address(es),
- Numbers of state ID or driver’s license,
- Phone number(s).
You may explicitly decline to submit Personal Data to us, in which case we will not be able to provide certain or all our Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO OUR PROCESSING THE DATA, COLLECTION, TRANSFER, STORAGE, DISCLOSURE, AND OTHER USES OF YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY AND THE TERMS OF SERVICE AT INSTANCE WHEN YOU:
- PROVIDE INFORMATION TO US THROUGH THE WEBSITE, EMAIL, OR BY STARTING USING THE SERVICES; AND/OR
- ACCEPT THIS POLICY.
iii. THE STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO LOCATIONS WHEREVER WE AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE FACILITIES.
HOW DO WE NORMALLY USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use non-personally identifiable information to analyze site usage (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our Site.
In the ordinary course, we use the personally identifiable information you provide solely to respond to your inquiry or process an application form you have completed on various sections of our Web site.
Any data gathered will be shared, if appropriate, with any of the offices or associate companies of Deleteme.com throughout the world, including the United States, Europe, and Asia and any third parties who provide services on our behalf. Personal information that users in the European Union provide to us may be transferred to other countries (including the United States), the data protection laws of which may differ from those of the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfer.
We will not contact you about other matters unless you specifically request it or you sign with our services, nor will we share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside Deleteme.com, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf. If you are interested in applying for a job at Deleteme.com and choose to submit resume information by email, we will use it only for the internal application review process. We will not voluntarily share, rent or sell it outside Deleteme.com, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf.
However, it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
Also, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectible in transit by others, including contractors who provide services to us.
Collection of Information by third-party sites and sponsors
Our Site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by, these third parties.
Deleteme.com posts information about programs and events that are sponsored by or co-sponsored by other firms or organizations. Should you choose to register electronically for any of these events, Deleteme.com will have no control over the third-party sponsors’ use of this information. As for our own use of your registration information, that will be handled by us as if you had registered by telephone or on paper. In other words, the privacy policies applicable to our Web site will not apply.
Deleteme.com contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Deleteme Europe Ltd,. Please be aware that we, Deleteme.com, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the Site.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. We provide you a way to unsubscribe.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
- The security of your personal information is important to us. If you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number and social security number or Identification card on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Deleteme.com is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security.
- The Personal information that we collect and that you provide is stored by us is and contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by those who need to know that information and who have special access rights to our production systems. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the law to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We will make all reasonable business efforts to protect your information, but no system can prevent all malicious attacks against our system or commonly used Internet protocols or software (e.g., SSL). Please see our technical pages for more information about the security systems used.
- The security of your Deleteme.com account also relies on the protection of your Deleteme.com password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You should not share your Deleteme.com password with anyone.
- com will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Site, which will always have a URL beginning with Deleteme.com. If you receive an email that asks you for your log in information or password, it is not from us, and you should not respond.
- Any email or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with Deleteme.com should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to Deleteme.com , immediately by emailing [email protected].
- If you do share your Deleteme.com password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password.
- If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account at com and changing your Profile settings. If you believe that unauthorized access has already occurred, please report it immediately by emailing [email protected]
- com may have access to your password and may use such password to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update, change or delete your Personal Information on your deleteme.com account profile at any time. Simply log into your deleteme.com account, go to your User Profile, review your Personal Information and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. If you are unable to edit your Personal Information by logging into your account, then please contact us for assistance. Contact us if you wish your personal information to be deleted from our database, you may send us your request. The process of deleting your personal information may take up to 30 days.
HOW TO CONTACT US
WE OFFER YOU THE CHOICE TO OPT-OUT OR DELETE FROM DELETEME.COM
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference in the Site’s account area.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by contacting us.
You can also visit our Privacy Centre here.
You verify that if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will require you to execute the above-referenced declaration and submit it back to us. If, in our sole determination in accordance with the privacy laws and regulations of mentioned countries above, we are unable to verify your identity deleteme.com may deny the request in whole or in part.
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the privacy laws and regulations, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us. To the extent permitted by applicable regulation, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.